My temporary crown fell out.  Can I get it to stay back in using denture paste?

Luke H. – Georgia


It is your dentist who should assume responsibility for the crown to be re-cemented. However, if for some reason  you can’t reach him or he does not take responsibility, you have two options:

First, you could go to a pharmacy and get some temporary dental cement.  Tell them what happened to your crown and they should be able to supply you with some.

Second, if the first option isn’t possible you can use super glue.  Don’t use too much because it can be hard to get off.

What I don’t want you to do is leave the crown off. Even if it is only off for a few days it will throw off your bite and then your permanent crwon will not fit.

This blog is brought to you by Gilbert Dentist Dr. Matt Roper.