Research shows that 42% of kids aged 2 to 11 years have been affected by cavities and gum diseases. Unfortunately, the number is increasing because thousands of parents do not take good care of their kids’ oral health, and eventually, they suffer from tooth decay and gum diseases at a very young age.
One of the best ways to ensure that your child doesn’t suffer from these terrible issues is to take them to the pediatric dentist. When you consult with pediatric dentists, they diagnose and treat dental issues in their early stages and also suggest some important tips for taking good care of your children’s teeth.
Without further ado, let’s move on to more details and learn what the roles of a pediatric dentist are, who should consult them, and when the right time is to see the dentist.
What Can Your Pediatric Dentist Do?
We all know that a pediatric dentist in Gilbert, Arizona offers a wide range of treatment options to take care of your children’s teeth. They deal with your children’s dental needs and provide complete care and support to cure the issue.
They help you prevent, diagnose, and treat oral cavity conditions and several oral diseases that bother your little ones. Pediatric dentists can deal with issues related to the gums, teeth, mouth, and maxillofacial areas, such as the jaw, face, and neck.
They promise to help maintain the healthy gums and teeth of your children and also provide you with tips to maintain good oral habits. Pediatric dentists can further:
- Treat various maxillofacial and oral conditions, such as gum disease and tooth decay.
- Provide preventative dental and oral care, which includes fluoride treatments and intensive cleanings.
- Diagnose maxillofacial conditions based on findings from the thorough examination.
- Prescribe medications and antibiotics to cure pain.
- Treat and cure injuries such as dental fractures.
- Interpret imaging and several tests, including saliva and X-ray tests.
- Educate parents about different dental issues and advise them about oral disease prevention and related conditions.
Doctors of Dental Medicine (DMD), Doctors of Dental Surgery (DDS), and pedodontists are all terms for pediatric dentists.
Benefits of Pediatric Dentistry
Many parents bring their children to the same doctor who provides dental health care to all family members and treats all types of general oral issues. However, it’s not a good practice. You should bring your children to a pediatric dentist who is expert and knowledgeable in specific areas. Pediatric dentists can give your kids special care that other doctors cannot provide, not even a highly qualified general dentist. There are plenty of issues and concerns specific to children that only a successful pediatric dentist can handle.
Bringing your child to a pediatric dentist is itself a very difficult experience for parents because kids have anxiety and fears, and they are also afraid of the different tools the dentist uses. But when you take your kid to a qualified pediatric dentist, he can help overcome the fears and be very kind and gentle to your kid during every procedure.
They make children comfortable and deal with extra care, which makes them an ideal choice for kids and parents. They use advanced techniques that make children less worried even during complicated procedures.
When Should You Take Your Children to a Pediatric Dentist?
Besides regular dental checkups, it’s important to take your kids to a professional pediatric dentist in Gilbert, Arizona especially if they display any of the following symptoms:
- Pain in the jaws, teeth, or mouth
- Bleeding gums
- Delayed tooth loss
- Dry mouth and bad odor
- Discolored, misaligned, or crooked teeth
- Teeth hurt when chewing cold or hot foods.
- Conditions that increase dental problems like diabetes
- Changes in lips, gums, and teeth
For teens, some conditions increase the likelihood of developing several oral health issues, which include snacking, alcohol use, smoking, playing sports, or oral sex practices.
Conditions That a Pediatric Dentist Can Treat
Your pediatric dentist can help treat different conditions, which include:
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder
- Teeth grinding
- Mouth infections, tumors, and sores
- Misaligned teeth (malocclusion)
- Tooth loss or broken teeth
- Gum disease (gingivitis)
- Discolored teeth
- Plaque, tooth decay, and cavities
If your children are displaying any of these symptoms, then it’s better to schedule an appointment with a pediatric dentist in Gilbert, Arizona, and enjoy a long-term cure and relaxation.
Tips to Maintain Good Dental Health for Your Children
Follow these tips to maintain the good dental health of your kids:
- Teach them about proper dental habits.
- Give them healthy snacks.
- Ask them to drink plenty of water every day.
- Floss your child’s teeth every day.
- Give them antimicrobial mouthwash.
Get Exceptional Pediatric Treatment at Vista Dorada
Pediatric dentistry is something no parent should ever ignore. If your child is battling a terrible dental issue, then this is the right time to get exceptional pediatric treatment at Vista Dorada in Gilbert, Arizona where expert dentists can help fix the issue without having you pay exorbitant money. Reach out to the specialists today, who are glad to assist you and may offer the best tips and recommendations for the good oral health of your children.